Saturday, April 20, 2013

Neurotic Parent

4.20.2013



So hard, it is so hard
To let go, let go and let god
Oldest son wanted to come home
For the weekend home so I went
To gather him this morning
He wanted to get together with someone
I didn’t ask who, it is my not my
Natural instinct but he will be 20
In a few weeks
I am working on giving autonomy
Also gave him back the car after
Months of not having it. I took it away
During winter break after too many
Traffic cam tickets and he didn’t
Want to take it back to school
He said he was too anxious but today
He drove to visit with who knows who
And it has been 8 hours and I
Need to just get a life and let it go                        
Not sure to be pissed that he has lost
A whole day of college studying
Or has something happened
Or this is just me being the
Neurotic parent that I am

No comments: