Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Or



4.16.13

So I missed a day
Writing a poem every day
Yesterday the muse was gone
Didn’t even think about it
Watching the blast in Boston
Over and over and over again
Not quite like 9.11 when I had
To turn off the TV when the kids
Came in the room
I wonder if they remember
How I came and got them from school
At first the schools were dismissing
Early but then they decided kids were safer
In school rather than school buses
Remember we are very close to DC
But I called their other mother and I
Wanted them with me and she said go get them
Which I did. If it was the end of the world
I wanted us to be together.
It wasn’t. It usually isn’t in the US
But how many 8 year olds are killed
All over the world, every day.
In Syria or Afghanistan or Rwanda or
Or Or Or

No comments: