Tuesday, November 27, 2007

the dreaded cancer checkup

I know I have nothing to worry about. But in a few weeks I will have my first ... test to make sure there are no cancer cells popping up.

I don't really get the physiology. A pap smear is for cervical cancer. I ain't got no more cervix. So I guess they scrape the upper vagina? And today I was wondering ... what happened to that empty space left after my uterus, ovaries and fallopian tubes and oh yes, my cervix were removed?

Does everything compress down? Or am I hollow?

These along with the ongoing issue of the numbness of my abdomen and inner thighs will be somethign I will bring up. At my six week checkup, I was all brave and everything was fine.

The good news is I really don't seem to be having some major hormonal hell. I was so far down the road of pausing my menses that my body was ... okay ... no more estrogen. Fine.

So that is the good news.

And so it goes.

No comments: